At Tec-NQ, trades are a career of first choice. Tec-NQ is a registered training organisation (RTO) and a senior secondary school that has been in operation since 2007. Tec-NQ provides a range of training and educational programs to Townsville and the North Queensland region including full-time apprentice training, on demand industry training, pre-employment programs and school-based apprentice programs.
Initially founded as the Australian Technical College North Queensland the organisation was funded as part of the federal governments Australian Technical College’s program. 2009 saw the closure of this program and the launch of Tec-NQ as an independent organisation in early 2010.
Tec-NQ has grown progressively since its inception and currently students and apprentices in the fields of Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrotechnology, Automotive, Engineering and IT.
In 2015 Tec-NQ opened a Regional Training Accommodation Facility (RTAF) for both regionally based students and apprentices.
Tec-NQ also delivers Certificate 111 in Electrotechnology in Mackay for apprenticeship training. Students must be employed as an apprentice within the industry.
The Tec-NQ Board and Staff are proud to serve the local community.
Why choose Tec-NQ?
- We are local
- Flexible training options
- Collaborative approach
- Personal service
- Expert trainers
- State-of-the-art facilities
Our Training Model
- To allow more time for your apprentice to be working and assisting your business to grow, our training model is a streamlined functional pathway for your apprentice to gain maximum practical skills and knowledge to become skilled quicker.
- On-the-job Training: we come to your workplace to conduct training and assessment with the apprentice.
- e-Learning: Our e-Learning platform allows selfpaced learning between contact with the facilitator allowing less time out of the workplace.
- College based training: where identified Tec- NQ will offer block training using the college workshops allowing vital practical skills training that may not be obtained in the workplace.
- Competency Assessment Processes: for experienced staff that never gained a qualification in their trade, we are able to undertake a quick competency process that assesses the staff members current skills against the national training package standards to fast-track completion of the qualification. This process is user friendly and quick allowing experienced staff to achieve a trade qualification in a short period of time.
Benefits of blended learning
- Tec-NQ’s delivery model allows for more flexibility in how often your apprentice is withdrawn from the workplace to undertake training, allowing you to better manage you staff and current workload.
- Apprentices are catered for through multiple training methods to ensure they stay engaged and progress as needed.
- Training in the workplace allows for your apprentices to progress at their own pace and not be held up by other apprentices in block training. Available block training is negotiated at sign-up and runs for 2 weeks only allowing your apprentice to be back in the workplace quicker.
- Tec-NQ is able to conduct workplace training that relates to the work that is currently being carried out at the time of the visit. E.g: if your apprentice is doing lathe work, Tec-NQ can adapt by training and assessing your apprentice on the units of competency that relate to lathe work.
Marketing and Communications Team Leader
Human Resources & Safety Advisor
Quality Systems and Reporting Advisor
Operations Administration Officer
Industry Liaison Officer Carpentry and Plumbing
Industry Liaison Officer Automotive and IT
IT Support Leader
IT Support Trainee
Systems Development Officer
Head of Accommodation Facility (Acting)
Academic and I.T. Facilitator
Operations Administration Officer
Accommodation Shift Leader
Diesel Fitting Facilitator
No Description :C
Tec-NQ is proud to offer an accommodation service that allows regional students from across Queensland to access its unique school-based trade training program.
24 hour supervised care is provided. The facility is operated by a team of dedicated staff that strive to maintain a close knit, inclusive social environment. Nutritious meals are provided. Wellbeing support includes routine medical checks.
The 44 bed facility is located on Bowen Road close to shops and sporting facilities in sunny, tropical Townsville. The premises are safe and secure. There is a swimming pool, pool table and dart board available to students. Each double occupancy room has a television, refrigerator and bathroom facility.
Tutorials are provided as necessary through the Tec-NQ training facility and homework support is provided by supervisors at the accommodation facility. It is our aim to support your student in completing their goal to achieve their Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) and complete their trade program.
Welcome to Tec-NQ.
Jan 01, 2017, 08:01 AM - 16:12 PM
Apply Now for any of the programs that Tec-NQ offer.
Jul 11, 2017, 17:07 PM - 19:07 PM
Tec-Prep applications closing soon! Come along to our info session tomorrow night, take a tour around the campus and hear all about Tec-NQ's Tec-Prep 'try every trade' program.
Register at http://www.tecnq.com.au/eoi/ or call 4779 2199